Title of his plenary lecture:
Ceramic Matric Composites at Safran
Born in 1965 in France Marc Montaudon has had high level engineering courses and is graduated from Ecole Centrale de Paris.
In 1988 he entered Société Européenne de Propulsion, a subsidiary of Safran Group, where he had different appointments:
- Head of carbon-carbon and ceramics composite materials laboratory (1988-1994)
- Program Director for the development of solid rocket motors (1995-2001)
- Vice President, General Manager of Production (2002-2008)
- Vice President, General Manager for Aeronautics & Composites (2009-2016)
- Chief Operating Officer of Safran Ceramics, a subsidiary of Safran Group focused on advanced ceramics, and Chief Executive Officer of Structil, a manufacturer of high-performance composite materials based on carbon fiber (2016-2018).
Since april 2018, he is CEO of Safran Ceramics.
Besides, he is a director of Advanced Fibers K.K., a Japanese joint venture of Nippon Carbon K.K., GE Aviation and Safran and a Board member of the Laboratoire des Composites Thermostructuraux, a French National Center for Scientific Research laboratory, of the Centre de Transfert Technologique des Céramiques and of the Pôle Européen de la Céramique.